Christmas Gift Box

Good morning everyone and welcome to day 6 of the CCW countdown to Christmas challenge - I have (thanks to my sister!!) made a Christmas Gift box (I have used my sister's template as she made some fabby Halloween treat boxes for my boys!). Here is the box below - it is the perfect size for a little Christmas treat - esp for those of you that buy or make something for teachers/staff at school! I am going to put fudge in mine - recipe is at the end of this post!
OK here goes - start with a 12 x 12 (30 x 30) piece of card stock (I have used red) and drew out a template of 24 x 30 cm as below, the black lines are where it is cut out, the dotted lines are where it is folded and scored, and the blue areas are wasted.

cut and score you card as below
fold the flaps - I used double sided sticky tape as my adhesive - for strength!
For the decoration I used Basic Grey - Jovial papers on the 2 larger sides - I left the triangles plain - but you can decorate what you want! On both of the large sides (front and back ) you need make holes for the eyelets. I have made mine 2cm in from each side and 1cm from the top - just make sure both sides match. I have used white eyelets.
I have used gingham ribbon to make handles, the opening at the top is small - perfect for a little treat and the card stock is flexible to allow you to add goodies!! I have decorated my box with a Little Henry Stamp from Whiff of Joy - coloured in with Prisma pencils and lots of stickles to make him sparkle! Christmas sentiment punched out using SU punches.
In my box there will be White Chocolate and cranberry fudge!
White Chocolate and Cranberry Fudge
Makes 500g
350g granulated sugar
25g unsalted butter
175ml can evaporated milk
100g dried sweetened cranberries
300g white chocolate, chopped
Cut a piece of baking parchment large enough to line a shallow 25 x 20cm (10x 8in) baking tin.
Put the sugar, butter and evaporated milk in a large heavy based pan, Heat gently until all the sugar has dissolved completely.
Bring to the boil, stirring continuously with a wooden spoon, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. It is a good idea to set a timer for this.
Immediately remove from the heat then add the cranberries and chocolate. Allow the chocolate to melt, the quickly stir the mixture and pour straight into the tin. It will thicken immediately.
Spread into the tin and chill for at least an hour or until firm. Cut into squares.
Line the box with parchment and add fudge to gift box!!
Enjoy!
Love and hugs Sarah x x x x

Comments

Julesmichelle said…
Gorgeous little box Sarah and I think I will use the fudge recipe this year!!! Thxs for the ideas.xx
Curly said…
Oh Sarah that looks stunning hun lovely box and fudge. I'll be having a go at both of those. Many thanks for the inspiration.
Meg said…
Sarah the little box is beautiful and the fudge looks mmmmmmmmmmmmm
so will be having a go at both of them. Thank you for taking the time to share your ideas xxx
susibee said…
Love the box and the fudge and will have a go at both.
cheryl said…
oh wow this is one gorgoues box,thanks for the instructions,too,hugs cherylx
Choccy said…
A cute box and a receipe for yummy fudge !!
Fantastic.. Off to make a box

Choccy xx
Laura said…
Very clever box - the fudge is rather evil though! ;)
Sarah A said…
I love this Sarah and am going to have to pinch your idea for another DT I am on lol!

Sarah x

Popular Posts