Fabric CJ - Uk Scrappers

I decided it was time to join another CJ (Circle Journal) again, I do enjoy doing them, but I wanted to do someting a bit different! So here we are my first fabric CJ! I've not used a sewing machine much since I left school, but its like riding a bike - you don't forget! I have used a hessian fabric for the covers and cotton calico for the pages. I bought some quilting fabrics that I liked for some colour! I made the pages thicker using batting and interfacing which is used in quilt making.

The front cover above also has beaded flower brads - Blue Awning metal art by K&Company.
The inside of the cover has the rules (there are none!) and this has been printed on to the Calico fabric using my printer and freezer paper - this was really easy to do and great fun.


On the rear of the book is a fabric butterfly which has been ironed on using wonderweb and a circle journal stamp image (from catslifepress), again this has been stamped on the calico and then ironed on the hessian with wonderweb!

The inside cover of the back page has my details and a pic of me - again printed on the fabric using freezer paper and a couple more K&Company brads!


My pages I have used a photo of my family taken at the Isle of Wight this summer again all printed on fabric using freezer paper, the wooden butterfly button came from Hobbycraft and the suede flower embellishment is from the Flower Patch collection by We R Memory Keepers.
I used my Big Bite to make the holes through the journal and use some large eyelets to stop it fraying - I have put in 2" book rings as I have a feeling this CJ is going to get rather full!
I have broken one needle on my sewing machine and a very sore finger and thumb from all the blanket stitching aroung the edge - but I am really pleased with the finished product!
I will be setting it on its journey tomorrow and I will not see it again for 12 months. I look forward to its return to see all the wonderful pages my fellow UKS fabric CJ girls make!
As always - thanks for looking and your comments. Sarah xxx

Comments

Sarah said…
oh this looks so soft and lovely - can't wait to see it up close
Clare Arnold said…
this is really lovely you clever old thing .lol!!!

CLare
xx
MicheleP said…
this is lovely Sarah - what a lovely idea for a cj
Mandy said…
Lovely, it makes me think of old school days and summer frocks for some reason!
Jazzy1972 said…
What a fantastic way to scrap and I have never seen this done before, I will have to have a go. Yummy!
knitkath said…
This looks fabulous, you've made a good job of it!

Popular Posts